Jewel in Munich's Isarvorstadt district
The history of Gärtnerplatztheater extends back to 1865, when it was founded as a popular theatre. In 1872 King Ludwig II appointed it the third court theatre; it received its official title of "State Theatre at Gärtnerplatz" in 1955. The bustling square of Gärtnerplatz itself was redesigned along classical lines in 2006.
The historic facade of Gärtnerplatztheater conceals a magnificent foyer for private and corporate events.